Recently I have spent a number of years supporting women and young girls who have been victims of rape and sexual assault. I've helped to support women over the phone, email or face to face. I have found this to be challenging at times but its so good to see someone fly the nest so to speak, feeling stronger than what they did before having support. I particularly enjoyed worked on a one to one basis with people, building a rapport and learning about the person, which enabled me to best help their needs.
Moving forward I now have a new charity that I am absolutely thrilled to be involved in; this charity is very dear to my own heart, as when some people around me were no where to be seen, pregnancy sickness support rallied around me and gave me all the support, information and help I needed to combat the awful sickness that I suffered terribly with whilst pregnant with both children. Hyperemesis Gravidrum is now a lot more in the public domain after Kate Middleton was admitted to hospital with it.
The main aims of pregnancy sickness support is to help those experiencing Nausea & Vomiting in Pregnancy and Hyperemesis Gravidarum by:-
- The development of a help line to give information and support.
- The production of leaflets to explain about pregnancy sickness with helpful information for sufferers and carers.
- Offering information about treatments available for Pregnancy Sickness and Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Providing resources & information to inform and educate doctors and health care professionals about the condition.
- Raising awareness of Pregnancy Sickness and Hyperemesis Gravidarum amongst the general public through articles and information.
- Encouraging further research into the condition, it's impact and its treatments.