I have started to expand my repotoire of meals, and I was shocked and suprised that when I uploaded a photo of a risotto that I had made, several people commented on how good it looked and asked me for a recipe, so here is my recipe for pea risotto:
1.6L of Vegetable Stock
350g Risotto Rice
225ml White Wine
30g of Parmesan Cheese
300g of Peas (frozen are fine)
1. Chop the onion finely.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan - this will need to hold all of the stock, wine and rice.
3. Add the onions into the pan and fry until soft.
4. Whilst the onions are cooking put 100g of peas into a food processor with a couple of spoons of vegetable stock and whizz until it forms a puree.
5. Once the onions are cooked, add the rice to the pan and ensuring that the rice is stirred constantly. Once the rice has absorbed the melted butter, add the wine.
6. When the wine has been absorbed by the rice, add the stock one spoon full at a time, and keep stirring the rice until its absorbed all of the vegetable stock, this can take 20-30 minutes dependent on the cooking time of the rice.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to stand for a couple of minutes before stirring again, and then its ready to serve!
Risotto is my go to comfort food at the moment! You can always change the peas for something else to make different flavours. I hope you enjoy!