Some of the things include:
- Saying I would never have pictures and drawings on kitchen cupboard doors - Every cupboard door has one now!
|Ruby's Art Gallery!!!|
- Vowing that I would never breast feed another child after struggling with Ruby - I am still feeding Lottie at 20 months!
- I said I would still put make up on every day and keep using my contact lenses- this lasted about a week!
- I planned to make all of Ruby's weaning food - I kept it up for about a month before I turned to supermarket bought jars!
- I said my daughters wouldn't have a dummy - but when you hear a baby screaming because they want to suck for comfort, it was an obvious choice!
- I had high hopes of having dinner on the table every evening for when my hubbie returned home from work - well that doesn't happen as often as I would like, although he says he doesn't mind!
- When we had the playroom built, I said the lounge would be toy free - it is if you ignore the big pile in the corner!
|The Toy Pile in the Lounge!!!|
- We never wanted our children to sleep in our bed - but sometimes they do, and we love it!
The best advice I can give to any parent to be or new parent is not to make too many ridged decisions on how you will parent; you may just find that what you thought would be good, does not suit your family in reality . When listening to parenting advice (like this), take it with a pinch of salt and make your own decisions; don't be afraid to disagree with someone, as parenting is all about finding out what works and suits you and your family.